Thursday 5 September 2013

K Pop Chicken

Let me start off with the following statement "I love Korean food". Can it be, that, because of the different flavours, the spicy undertones or maybe that it is a refreshing change from your standard Chinese take away that I fell, stomach (and possibly all major organs) first for Korean food. K Pop Chicken serves your standard/typical Korean fare of Kimbap, Bibimbap and Bulgogi in a brightly coloured, easy to find location. The Mandu (we ordered fried) arrived hot and delicious to our table along with a nicely presented salad (I cannot remember which but there were oranges involved). The Mandu went down a treat and already my "no, I have never eaten Korean food before" friend was convinced this would be a good dinner. Soon after this we were served the main courses. My issue with this was that we were served the main whilst we still had the Mandu and salad on the table. We could have though said to wait, or better yet, they could have asked. I ordered the beef bulgogi bibimbap and my dining partner had the seafood and beef bulgogi. Both were delicious and there was no skimping on ingredients. I knew from previous reviews that the bibimbap would not be served in a hot stone pot; maybe this would be changed in the future? Our waiter was observant without hovering, music was at an appropriate level (k pop and music videos, some people might call it heaven) and there were Korean guests eating there (always a good sign). We were asked if we wanted dessert but I politely declined (an explosion was imminent). Perhaps next time (if I don't over eat, again). And next time the fried chicken needs to be tried as well ... Apparently that is what they are known for.

K Pop Chicken is located in Indigo Icon in JLT F cluster, you can easily take the metro to JLT station and walk.


image from timeoutdubai.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment