Sunday 25 January 2015

Zeta Restaurant/Lounge: Pan Asian Cuisine at The Address Downtown Hotel

I made the reservation for Zeta on a whim. It was my father's birthday and my parents last night in Dubai; naturally I needed something not only special and with a great view but great service to boot. My usual go to place for impressing is Neos which is also in The Address Downtown Dubai but I wanted something outside. I spoke with one of the lovely girls at restaurant reservations who recommended Zeta. I told her it was my father's birthday and she said said she will reserve us a table with a direct fountain view and she also explained the dining concept at Zeta.

At Zeta we were warmly welcomed and promptly seated at our, as promised, table with the fountain view. The menus were given to us, the concept explained in brief (after we had confirmed it was our first time) and we were asked if we would like water to start.

Background = dynamite roll, foreground = salmon skin roll
We started of with drinks which included a glass of rose, the "Forever Young" cocktail and a "Apple Julep" cocktail for myself. Drinks were served ladies first; quite a rare occurrence in Dubai. As the concept at Zeta is sharing we opted for a mix of warm and cold dishes which included a Burj sushi roll, salmon skin roll, dynamite roll, japanese style chicken and edamame beans. It was a wonderful combination of flavours and textures. The dynamite roll in particular was not too spicy as to distract from the other flavours present. What also struck me, with regards to service, was that our individual plates were not cleared until each person had finished eating. This is proper and attentive service.

Burj Roll

After our plates had been cleared and the tabled cleaned we received a lovely surprise. A gorgeous and decadent chocolate cake for us to share. By share I mean we only managed about a third and the remainder came home. We ended our evening at Zeta with a decadent chocolate cake, coffee and another couple fountain shows.

The birthday cake surprise

Zeta was an excellent choice and I am glad I went there with my parents from the attentive service with restaurant reservations, to the warmed blanket which arrived and the attention we received during dinner  it was a well worth it and worth repeating event.

The iconic: The Address Downtown Dubai


The is post is not sponsored. I just think we should all eat good food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment