Wednesday 7 May 2014

Tom and Serg: an Al Quoz hotspot

Al Quoz continues to suprise. Maybe it was that having three rather fantastic bistro/breakfast style restaurants in what is usually considered an industrially area threw me off but I did not expect this. Near the Times Square Centre in Al Quoz is not only a Lime Tree Café but also Tom and Serg and The One Café (which I have yet to try). Tom and Serg was suggested to me by a friend and I am so very glad she did.

A large and light flooded place, Tom and Serg seems to be quite the meeting place. On a Saturday we were quite glad to have met at 09h30 because later it got quite busy. And I was always under the impression that nothing happened before 12h00 in Dubai.


Coffee artistry

Our Gado Salad

Pumpkin Squash Croquette
The Our Gado salad was a big hit with both sets of friends that I have gone here with. And the menu, though small, is still quite diverse. What I found that stood out in particular was how fresh the food, and ingredients in general, tasted. Serve is wonderful and friendly; the general vibe really does take influence from the Aussie coffee culture.

Tom and Serg draws a diverse crowd from young families to students studying and professionals having a lunch during work hours. Parking, both paid and unpaid, is in abundance and Tom and Serg can be the prefect respite from shopping at Ace Hardware which is just around the corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment